Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Favorite Things...

So those of you who know me well already know that photography has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember... I got my first camera, a little bitty Fuji, when I was only 3 years old and I gave everyone hell keeping film for it and getting all of my beautiful artwork developed. I had that little camera for a number of years until I finally got a 35mm point and shoot for Christmas one year. I was so excited, it had a flash! This kept on for a number of years, getting slightly better cameras as time went by until I finally got an SLR. It was a Canon Rebel, still 35mm, still film... But I had done my research, and I knew where I was headed... I wanted to get into digital!
As much as I loved photography, I decided to do it for a living... I went to school for it, I worked multiple jobs doing it, and even worked for myself in Indiana for a while... It never got old. I never wanted to give it up. I loved every new photo I ever took... Alas, I did take a break from it though. I gave up on the dream. I decided to start looking at the more responsible career choices. And it wasn't until the responsible career choices didn't work and that I had people telling me to give photography a second shot that I picked it back up...
I am now finally to the point of today's blog... The photo... The photo that is posted far above this paragraph. That photo. Yep. That photo is the one that renewed my love for photography. How? I don't really know for sure... It could be the wonderful time I had on that photo shoot. It could be how easy it was for me to want to sit down and edit those pictures. It could be the inspiration I saw in every little moment from that day and the next while photographing and editing those photos. Or it could be the fact that it was so simple, and adding just one detail made it all the more beautiful to me.
Whatever it is about that photo, I am so thankful to have it. That photo not only renewed my love for photography, but for the business as well.

Thanks for reading everyone, I'm off to find some more inspiration in my favorite things... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...