Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Thursday, June 11, 2009

The End...

So yesterday was the end of an era for me. The end of Walmart and all that I fantasized would one day happen. The end of working a crappy job for crappy pay just to be treated like crap. As you can probably guess by now, I quit.
I didn't do anything that I planned. I just went in at 7:30, shopped for my essentials (shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash) and bought Micheal a beanbag chair. I brought it all out to my van and then came back in, talked to a few people, clocked in, went to talk with personel and find out what I needed to do. They told me to talk to Jeremy. He didn't come in until 9:00. So I waited... I saw him as soon as he entered the building. He was in a great mood... Yeah, I was happy, I got to change that. I flagged him down, told him we needed to talk now, it was important. He said okay. I told him that I followed his advice and that I found a new job, a Monday through Friday with the hours that I need, and that I would be quitting, that it would be my last day and what should I do now. He said he would be back in a few minutes for my exit interview........
Two and a half hours later, I was still working. I paged for him. I had the fitting room ladies talk in his ear. He never came over. At 12:00, I finally decided that I was leaving. I clocked out and he saw me. He came running up behind me and asked if I was going to lunch. I said yes. He said he'd see me in an hour... I replied "No, no you won't."
"Why not?" he says.
"Because I quit at 9:00 this morning. You were supposed to do my exit interview and never did. I said I had things to do and I'm not hanging out all day waiting for you to come and get me!"
"You were serious? I thought you were kidding, that maybe you were just upset or something." he tells me.
I wanted to kill him. Now I have to go back in there and sign paperwork when I go to pick up my check.
Apparently later he went around asking some of my friends that I work with if I was serious or if they thought I'd be back. They told him that they were pretty sure I was serious. Then I guess he flipped out and started asking who all I had taught to run the photo lab... That's right! Never thought about that, did ya Jeremy? No one there knows how to do my job. No one there cares enough to do my job. Have fun getting Fuji in there to fix everything and have fun paying those bills!
The kicker is, when I went in last night to do my grocery shopping, I was asked how my mom was... Apparently I left for vacation early because I had a family emergency... He didn't quite think that one through. I will still shop there every now and then, so that lie's not a very good one. He just doesn't want all of them to know what a craooy boss he was is what I'm thinking...
Fourteen months. That's how long I worked there. Fourteen long months. I loved the people though. Most of them, I would take them with me anywhere... I just hope that I find good people like that at my next job.
Man, I can't wait to finish my degree. I can't wait to get started on my career, instead of just another job.
Well, I need to get going. I job shadow today... This way I can be sure that I want to take the position that they're offering me. I'm kind of hoping that Jason's (my neighbor across the street) boss gives me a call though, I think I'd really like a job there...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! You are better than me. I would not have worked that long after you told him that you were quitting. I would have just sat there until he came back and left after 20 minutes. Good luck with the new job. What will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...