Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Saturday, July 18, 2009

On the hunt...

I'll start off by telling you that work is wonderful! I cannot begin to tell you how great it is to be back at Lifetouch and to feel so appreciated. I have gotten the hang of all the new equipment and will be finishing up training next week and then moving on to a studio! Studios will be new to me, but I am so prepared and thankful for this opportunity.
Now to explain my blog title... I am currently hunting for the perfect dog. I do not wish to get this darling doggie until October, but I am hunting for it now, just in case it comes to me in puppy form. If I do get a puppy, ideally it would be three to four months old before it comes to my house, so it would be born by now.
I want a medium sized dog, nothing too large and definitely not too small, and breed is not of extreme importance, just not a pit bull... I do not prefer a pure bred over a mixed breed, as a matter of fact, probably the opposite. The smarter dogs that I've had were mixed breeds...
I want a running partner. Although I have a human running partner, I would like a canine one. The canine will never say, "I just don't feel like running tonight." like my human one sometimes does.
I want the kids to have a buddy. I loved my dogs when I was growing up. I talked to them when I didn't talk to anyone else.
I'm searching the rescue shelters and humane societies first, I think those dogs would be more grateful for a home, but I am not completely against getting one from a breeder or an accidental litter, just never from a pet shop.
Well, that's about all for now... I will keep you all updated on my search. Hopefully October will bring a new family member to my home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...