Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ummm... Yeah.

So I don't even know how to get this blog started this morning... I just really don't know where to start because so much happened yesterday. I guess it would be best to start from Tuesday and work my way back to this morning, so that's what I'll do...
This actually predates to when I went on my first interview with the Merl Group. I drove by this little shopping center and I saw this studio called Prestige Portraits. I never stopped, or even went in the shopping center. Then, after I was assigned my territory, it became an every day thing to go back and stare at it. I know that Prestige Portraits is Lifetouch, and I really loved working for Lifetouch. On Monday, I was going to go in, but they weren't open. On Tuesday, I raced back to get there in time, went in, carried on a conversation, finally asked if they were looking for a photographer, and gave the studio manager my name and number to pass on to the photo manager, but I also got his name and number. I called, could not get in touch with him or find his voicemail, so I started to think that he didn't exist. I left a message on a voicemail for two guys with similar names. One of them called me back yesterday!!! He says, when can you start???
For any of you who don't know, I loved Lifetouch, they were like family to me. The only reason I ever left the company is because I wasn't able to transfer when we moved to Michigan. I was heartbroken and still called to check in on them until the office turned into a whole bunch of people that I didn't know...
I told him as soon as possible, that I missed my Lifetouch family. I told him what my situation was with everything right now and how much I had to make. He said no problem.
I got thrown a curveball after that...
Gary called. This is what I got to start off with: "I don't have time to talk right now, but I'm being put on orders for 12 to 16 weeks and I'll be leaving on Sunday." Then he hung up. I was beyond upset... I couldn't figure out what was going on, so I called back. Please keep in mind that I got this on my voicemail because he called sometime between me being in a place of business and talking to Steve from Lifetouch. When I called his cell phone, he didn't answer. I called the work phone and he picked up and promptly hung up... D@mn caller ID! I called again... He answered and said, "I'll call you back in a minute, the GENERAL is in here."
Oops... I'm sorry you're making me have a panic attack and the general is in your office, that completely blows for you, but you better call me back in the next 5 minutes and explain yourself or I'm driving down there!
He called back... He's going to school for training early. A slot opened up and there wasn't a lot of time, so he went ahead and took it when he was asked. We needed this, because it should help him to go ahead and pick up a promotion as soon as he gets back, which means that we'll be making more money when he deploys.
I called Steve back from Lifetouch and told him the news and that I would really like to start as soon as possible, he said come in at 9:00 tomorrow and we'll fill out your paperwork, get you into training on the new equipment on Monday, and get you in the field as soon as we can.
So after that, I went back to the office and explained Gary's situation and how my job there just wasn't going to work out. My boss didn't understand. Flat out did not get it. He told me to go do what I had to do and let him know if I would be coming in today or Friday.
That just about sums everything up... I'm sure I left out some details, but I'm too tired right now to figure out what they were...
I will talk to you all later, I have to wake Gary up soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...