Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Micheal!

Three years ago today one of the best things that ever happened to me came into this world. Micheal Lee Crull was born at 6:45 p.m., he was 21.5 inches long and 8 pounds and 1 ounce! I got up and went to the hospital at 5:00 that morning to be induced, only to be told to go home, that there was no room at the hospital. We went down and hung out around the hospital, walked around the block a few times, and when I walked back in, having contractions (which I had been having for two months, just not regularly) they finally admitted me. They kept me in an observation room for several hours, but they weren't happy with my contractions, so they decided to go ahead and start pitocin around 2:00 that afternoon. From there, I went through labor very fast. I was drug free for a long time, even with the pitocin... I was hoping for a drug free labor, but it didn't happen. At about 5:50, the nurse came in to check me, she announced that I was almost ready and that she was going to have the doctor come break my water in 5 minutes. As soon as she got out the door, my water broke. That next contraction was so painful that I begged for my epidural. The anaesthesiologist made it in at about 6:15... As soon as he left out, my midwife came in. She asked me how I was feeling now... I lifted my foot and announced that I could see my toes moving, but I couldn't feel them, she said that was a good thing and told me to let her know when I started feeling that urge... At 6:41 I knew what she was talking about, and at 6:45 Micheal was here (we'll leave out the part where around 6:43 I turned to ask Gary if he was okay, he was a little pale)...
Well, my baby turns three today. I can't believe that it's been three years already. We had his birthday party yesterday. He'll be starting school today, that's one thing I'm still not sure I'm ready for, but I'm going to try to do my best.
Here are a few photos of yesterday...
Me waking Micheal up through photography:
Micheal's "choo-choo" cake:
Enjoying his new basketball goal:
Blowing out the candle:
Yummy cake:
Introducing the Escalade:
Making their escape:
Well, I need to go... Gotta get the big kid up, then gotta get the actual kiddos up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...