Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Friday, May 8, 2009

I passed!!!

I finally got my feedback and final grades for my other class and am happy to announce that I passed! I spoke with my academic counselor and while I admitted that it was not my best work in either class, he told me that he paired me with two harder classes this time because he wanted to see how well I worked under pressure (because I plan to go all the way to at least my Masters in Psychology). He wanted me to realize that it's going to be hard work, so that if I changed my mind, at least I would do it before I got too far into it. While I have a small amount of appreciation for his logic, I was rather upset. I have been working my butt off, but I have a great sense of accomplishment right now to go along with it.
Right now I'm taking two classes that are fairly easy... As Jarrod (my academic counselor) put it, they are about 25% of the work and effort of the classes that I just went through. My next block is going to be one easy and one hard one. But, here's the exciting thing: I finally get to take a PSYCHOLOGY class on my next block! Imagine that, a PSYCHOLOGY major taking a PSYCHOLOGY class! I'm really thrilled, it's just that I'll have taken six classes before I finally get to one that is within my major.
So, the idea is to ace these next two classes, get straight A's on everything in them, bring my GPA way up, and get into my next block. And then, a year from now, I'll have a degree... Then, in a year and a half to two years later, another degree. Then, another degree. Oh yeah, and then I'll transfer colleges and get another degree. I can't get the Ph. D. that I want at the University of Phoenix, so I'll have to find another college by the time I get to that level, but I've got a little while right now...
Well, I need to go... The husband's looking at me like I've lost my mind as I clackity-clack away on the keyboard. Talk to you all soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...