Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Saturday, January 31, 2009

I didn't get the call... Yet.

I didn't get the call yesterday. I waited all day long, ran to the back room at work every time my phone rang, and nothing. This first time a strange number called, I was excited, my heart was about to pound out of my chest, I just knew it was about the job. It wasn't. It was a wrong number. My heart sank, I went to the break room and cried. The second time, I was on the phone with a coworker. I rushed her off the phone, went to a hidden corner to answer it, then found out it was my father-in-law. He was calling from his work number. I was crushed and also somewhat angry.
By the time I got off work, I was feeling very low. I picked up the boys, came back home, got them started on their dinner and then sat on the couch for a bit staring off into space before deciding to get out for a bit. That "bit" lasted almost three hours. I had to go cry it out for a while. Then I just walked around Meijer and Walmart aimlessly for a while.
When I finally made it home, Gary reminded me that between one of the second largest deployments of Indiana's National Guard and the largest homecoming ceremonies they've ever had is today, so they're quite busy. So, in other words, I probably got my feelings/pride hurt for nothing. I think it's just easy right now to get scared and disappointed. So today I have renewed faith. I am praying that this all works out for the best and have faith that it will.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...