Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What kind of place do I work...

Why is it that Walmart can get away with the things that they do? Today I witnessed my department manager crying because she was scared of leaving work to go to the doctors office or hospital. Not scared of going there, scared of losing her job because of leaving work! You see, in the eyes of Walmart, it does not matter why you miss work or leave early, all they care about is that you're not there. And do you want to know what happens when you're not there? You get a point. Well, whoop-tee-do, right? Well, three points in six months equals a "coaching". You're first is a verbal, then you get a written, and after that- "DECISION DAY". That's right, a paid day off to decide whether or not you want to keep your job. You can get one decision day a year, and in order to come back to work you have to write an essay about why you deserve to keep your job and how you intend to improve. It's bull...
I'm just fed up today. I'm tired and I have been yelled at and cussed too many times to count today.

2 comments:

  1. You already know my 2 cents and that's why I won't shop there...

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my site, Alicia! I have a daughter that works at Walmart and she has missed a lot of work lately because of her back. She hasn't even gone through her probationary period yet. I'm dreading her losing this job because she will lose her car, too - due to the car payments. Anyway, it's not right how these companies can do that to people! I hope you can make money at home - then you won't need them!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...