Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Sunday, January 11, 2009

My rant...

So, I've noticed almost everytime I watch tv and there's a new baby, they give the baby formula. Would it really hurt so badly for movies and tv shows to have a breastfed baby once in a while? At least 50% of the time.
It's not just tv. The first doctor's appointment that I had when I was pregnant with Kyle, they gave me formula. I got formula in the mail while I was pregnant too. At the hospital, where they obviously knew I was breastfeeding, they tried to give me formula. The pediatrician's office (not our doctor, of course, he knew better) tried to give us formula. He is now almost 11 months old and the coupons and "checks" keep coming in the mail.
I guess I just wonder why society as a whole can't learn to push breastfeeding like they do formula? Or maybe push formula less? Why can't we send informational packets about breastfeeding out to moms to be? Why can't we give them a breast pump at the hospital? Send them samples of nursing pads?
I remember the package I got from my doctor's office for the nursing mom. Care to take a guess at what was inside it? An insulated bottle bag, prenantal vitamins, and FORMULA! From week 6 of pregnancy, they start setting nursing moms up for failure!
At the hospital, I refused the free diaper bag with all the free formula. Whenever I got it in the mail, I donated it. When the pediatrician's office offered it, I refused to take it. I felt like just allowing the stuff in the house was too much temptation.
Any thoughts out there?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a mother, so I can't really comment on your baby formula experiences. However, I did make a film called THE BABY FORMULA. It's a comedy about the first two women in the world giving birth to each others babies. That's right - no dad needed. They make sperm from their own stem cells, which is a process which has actually been successful in mice. Check it out:

    Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23161431319&ref=ts

    www.thebabyformulamovie.com

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...