Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I hate my boss...

This type of thing has gotten me into trouble before, but this isn't MySpace, it's my blog. It is my hope that I don't have such an immature crowd actually reading this.
I'm going to fill you in on what the past month or two at work has been like. Actually, since November, to be perfectly honest. One of the girls that I used to work with was fired in November and I was put under investigation because she and I were friends and if she was into something, I guess they thought I was too. Personally I never thought that she had done anything wrong and knew that I hadn't done anything. Well, in December, I was pulled back into the manager's office and they suspended me pending further investigation when I still told them that I had never broken a company policy, that I hadn't done anything wrong, and that I didn't see where she had ever done anything either. A week later I was told to come back to work, that their investigation came up empty. I never got an apology, just promised my job back.
Upon coming back, I received a coaching. To this day, I do not understand why if it was proven that I did not do anything wrong I received a coaching, but they coached me on my integrity. I was upset, but still happy to have my job and just went about my business.
Last month I received a coaching on my attendance because I had to call in when my kids got sick. I was told that I had missed 10+ days. While I didn't think that was possible, I said okay and took my "written coaching". I kept thinking about it and asked for documentation, any proof at all since none was offered. I finally got my proof and was able to prove that I had not missed near as many days as he has claimed. When I brought this point up, I pretty much got told so what.
On February 20th, Kyle's birthday, I came into work. I was upset because I had requested the day off well in advance and it was rejected. Everyone else that I work with is able to get their kids' birthdays off from work and I have had to work Micheal's and Kyle's. Someone kept asking me what was wrong and I explained this to them as well as the fact that I was exhausted from working by myself for nearly the past two weeks. Shortly afterwards I was pulled back into the office and coached on my attendance yet again, along with my attitude. I had to leave early on the 13th, worked while I was sick on the 14th, left early on the 15th because I was throwing up and was sent home, and I called in one the 16th. I was informed that this would typically be my "Decision Day" but since I was at work throwing up, they would make an exception just this once.
Today, I was called back to the office again. You will never guess what I was coached on this time. Requesting time off! I never thought that they could or would coach me on that. I requested five days off in April and two weeks off in June so that I can visit my family. He wanted to know exactly what all of these dates were and why I needed them. At the time I couldn't remember what all of them were for and was just a little stumped at the fact that I was getting in trouble over something as stupid as that. I requested them off, either approve them or reject them, son't threaten me over it.
This was the absolute last straw for me. I went and got the Human Resources Director's phone number as well as a member of the marketing team that had proven to be a good friend in the past. My boss saw me doing this and asked if he could do anything for me, I asked him to verify the numbers, and he looked as if he were about to poop his pants!
So, now you're up to date, any advice out there???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...