Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just a few different topics that I wanted to touch on...

I was sitting at work today and I couldn't help noticing that people dress many different ways when they come to the store. Some wear jeans, some wear slacks, and some wear sweats. So, how do you dress when you go to the store? Me, I wear jeans and a t-shirt whenever I go out. And when I say t-shirt, I don't mean a worn out, ragged t-shirt, I mean a nicer shirt, but not a blouse. I just can't bring myself to wear sweats in public. I don't want people to see me wearing stuff like that, it's meant for around the house.
On to the next subject... There is one other associate in the store that is a military spouse. She saw my purse and asked me where I got it. When I went back to give her the website, we got into a conversation in which she felt it was appropriate to ask me if I looked forward to deployments. Yeah, sure, I look forward to my husband spending a year in a foreign country and endangering his life, absolutely. I looked at her, dumbfounded, as she told me that she loves it, especially the extra money that they get. I'm still highly irritated.
Last, but not least, what do you think of this new bill that passed? There goes the country...This bill "will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446)."  I'm all for helping out our country right now, we need all the help we can get, but what happens when someone's sick and the one thing that may be able to help them is an experimental treatment that is not deemed "cost effective"? This is beyond crazy.
On this note, I am signing off to complete more schoolwork and pray that someone in our country knows what they're doing and can turn it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...