Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Saturday, February 28, 2009

A whole new day...

I came home depressed yesterday. I let my supervisor turn what should have been the best compliment ever into an insult. She had a customer that she was having some problems with, so I decided to step in and help, I was trying to be nice because I could see that things were going south fast. I talked her into the original camera that Chris was trying to sell her, showed her the memory card that she needed, and got the lady a camera case. That's the one thing that they always brag about is that I can sell anyone anything just by talking and saying that they will need it later, so they may as well buy it now. We got back to the counter and Chris has gotten a MicroSD card and was trying to talk her into that, those are for cell phones... I told Chris no, and we almost got into an argument in front of the customer, but I decided to just present the facts to the customer and let her decide. She told Chris that she thought I was trying to sell her something that was quality and that she was trying to sell her something cheap, and she went with quality over cheap any day. Chris decided that she would ring her up, and badgered the customer about something else until the customer ignored her altogether and turned to me and said that I should be her supervisor because I was knowledgeable, professional, and knew how to at least dress the part. I felt bad for Chris, but I told the customer thank you anyhow. Chris ran off immediately after the customer left and didn't return for more than 20 minutes, the customer went to look for a manager (I'm not sure whether to brag about me or complain about Chris or both). When Chris finally came back, I tried to explain that I was just trying to help, not butt in or take over, and she proceeded to yell at me "Really? You weren't trying to embarass me? You weren't trying to make me look stupid?" Keep in mind, we're in Walmart and people are always around... I finally gave up, went to take my break, and felt bad the entire time that I had made her feel that way. I ended up getting mad that she had taken the one thing good from my day and turned it into something bad, so I came back out early and almost let her have it. Instead, we talked about it like adults. I tried to explain that she looked like she needed help, and that's all I was trying to do, and I tried to give her some tips on how she could have better handled the situation. She just kept telling me that the customer was just trying to insult her, not compliment me...
Today's a new, Chris-free day though, and boy am I looking forward to it... Just me, Kerstin, and Kandi working today. I can go in, get my job done, maybe have a little fun while I'm at it, and get out... 
Oh, and I'm officially starting a new workout routine today. Guaranteed results in 10 workouts, so I should have results by my birthday... Maybe I can wear a swimsuit this year after all! :)
Talk to you all later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...