Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

So, today is my birthday, which also means the start of my 365 project that I promised... We're going to see how far I can get with this, I hope to make it all the way through and to force myself to post one picture of myself daily. I hope that this will help me to like having my picture taken as well, because I've always hated that.
Anywho... My neighbor and I went shopping for my birthday present yesterday. This is something we started doing last year on her birthday... We don't know quite what to get for each other sometimes, so we go shopping together, pick it out, and buy it then. This year I bought her a purse and matching wallet at JCPenney's, so she was rather irritated with me when I couldn't find a thing that I wanted, nothing at all... So we left the mall and went to Walmart. I found the AquaGlobes that are advertised on tv, so she bought me those, a new houseplant, and two magazines. The houseplant is a pretty little ivy in a hanging basket. I currently have it hanging in the kitchen on the curtain rod because I have nowhere else to put it. The magazines were Country Living and Country Sampler. I want to do a little redecorating and both magazines had some really great ideas, so instead of choosing one, she got me both.
After getting home and flipping through them and reading the articles, I've decided that I really like Country Living. I went on their website to take a look at some of the articles they have online and was really impressed. I think my birthday present to myself will be a subscription to it, especially considering I can get a 3 year one for only $24. My favorite article is one that includes some very useful eco-friendly tips. You should click to check it out. Some of them will even save you a lot of money. 
Oh, I finally finished my Critical Thinking paper last night. It was not my best work... I'm looking forward to seeing my grade in that class go way down... Oh well, I tried. While doing research for that paper though, I ran across a website for clergies that have been prosecuted, and then found the press release for Rev. Hal Lasseter's sentencing. It made me sick reading it. His daughter was my friend... I can remember hanging out with them when I was young. His wife was my teacher too, and he was always at the school. I also remember telling my mom that he was weird and scary and that I didn't like him, his hugs "felt funny". I just wonder if he molested any kids, or if watching the stuff was as far as it went. And I hope that this isn't what screwed Rindi up. She was such a pretty girl... She did teen modeling too, and she would have gone so much farther than I ever could have if she hadn't left home like she did. I remember her bringing her portfolio to school and wondering why on Earth a preacher's daughter would ever be allowed to take pictures with just her pretty long hair to cover herself. I guess now I know why... I say a prayer and cry for all children that grow up like that. Your father is supposed to be someone that you can trust, someone who will protect you from the world, not someone who will fantasize about doing you.
On to another subject... I don't want to talk about that anymore... I will post a picture later today. I was planning to take one when I first woke up this morning, but luckily for anyone who reads this, my camera is in the baby's room and I'm terrified of the thought of waking him up this early.
Well, I will talk to you all later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...