Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dinner...

Gary wants to invite a friend from work over for dinner one night soon. His friend (I've forgotten his name) is away from his family and will be deploying to Iraq soon. That being said, I am preparing my house to have company over soon. The house is clean, but just not to my satisfaction to have someone over for dinner. I want to do some serious yard and house work before that happens. So it looks like that's what I'll be doing today. Yay me.
Now I can get the house ready, no problem. The question is, what to have for dinner? I want to fix something that tastes great, looks delicious, and will hopefully not have me stuck in the kitchen all day long. Any ideas out there??? Please, somebody help me.
I'm about to embark on this mission. Step one is to do what I've been saying for weeks: Go through my dishes. I'm not looking forward to it, but it's time. Step two is my yard. I'm going to get at least one tree, hopefully two and get them planted and finish my row of boxwoods. I also want some flowers for the front, seeing as how nothing is up and blooming yet. The good news is that I should get all of this done today and tomorrow, so I'll be ready whenever Gary invites this man over.
Oh, and we found out that Gary will for sure be deploying to Iraq next year. I'm not thrilled, but we'll make it through. The thing that sucks is that he'll be going away to school for four months more than likely here soon, so I'll get him back and then lose him again. Somebody please remind me why I signed up for this job. I love him, you've got to know that, but this is just a little depressing. I thought we were done with this when he got out of the Marine Corps.
Enough of my bitching, have a great day.... I'll post the finished pics this evening. That way I'll be forced to get just a little accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. HUGS- that's about all I can say. I hear you on thinking you were done with deployment, that really sucks.

    As for dinner.. I'd go with a roast- it's always good and doesn't require much work!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...