Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Saturday, April 25, 2009

Job Fairs...

Job fairs are awful... I just spent three hours at one that I saw on the news. Me and 700 other people who were all there trying to to get just one of the 75 jobs available. It's frustrating. We all had our resumes printed, we were all dressed in our best clothes, and none of us got anything. Out of 25 resumes that I printed, I only gave out 3. Three employers were interested in contacting me at a later date, I partially think that is only because I was so persistent.
I'm slightly discouraged. I did get a website for almost every company that was represented though and I intend to post my resume to every one of them and send it in to any email addresses that I picked up today as well. I will get another job. I will not continue working at Walmart for the rest of my life.
On another note, my fourteen month old is learning the art of falling as I type this. He refuses to walk, although I have no doubt that he can when he's ready, so Gary and I keep standing him up in the center of the room where there's nothing he can hold on to. He stands until he realizes we're not holding, then he gracefully falls to the floor.
Well, I'm off to do some yardwork.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you do don't give up! Have you considered selling your photos online? I just came across a couple of sites that I use because they offer free photos, but they also sell photos, too. Dreamstime.com and stock.xchng (stockpert.com). Also, check your craigslist.org, your state & county job sites, too.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...