Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finding A Balance

I was speaking with my financial aid counselor about this... She asked me how my classes were going for this block. I told her that I thought I had finally found a balance. She laughed, I don't think she quite understood. It's hard when you work a 40+ hour work week, have two kids, a husband, and a home to take care of. It's hard when those two kids are young and not quite able to entertain themselves and they depend on mommy to entertain them. It's hard when one of those kids has appointments for everything under the sun, much less both of them going to the doctor all the time for one thing or another. It's hard when your husband whines and complains that you don't spend any time with him anymore. It's hard when you get phone calls from work every five minutes. It's hard when you're told that your husband is going off to school for four months, coming back, and then leaving you again for a year. It's just flat out HARD!
That being said, it's hard, but I think I've found my balance. You all know how I love to plan out every little second of my life. I keep a detailed planner so that I know when I have time available and what I can do in that time. I get up earlier in the morning so that I can work on my schoolwork. I stay up later at night. I come home and work on it during my lunch breaks. I get my kids to their various appointments and I bring a notebook so that I can work on it then and type it up later. I do the same thing at work (Shhh... Don't tell the managers, I'd probably get in trouble for that too!). I bring my kids to the park still, I spend quality time with my husband, I go to work and don't call in (and still answer some of those phone calls), I pretty much do everything except work out... I need to find time for that. I'm not Supermom though, so who knows when I'll fit that one in. Maybe someone could get me a Blackberry with all the cool stuff and then I could do my schoolwork on my phone, that would save me even more time.
That's all... I promise. I may post later though, so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...