Wow... Does That Chick Have Purple Hair???

I think that an introduction is definitely due by this point... I've had this blog for a few years and had a MySpace one before that. My life is changing rapidly now and I'm sure that my blogging style will as well. Please bear with me, I'm not sure where these changes will take me, I'm a little scared, but
excited too...

I hope you all continue to follow me on my journey!


Monday, April 6, 2009

Micheal's evaluation...

Micheal's evaluation is today and tomorrow. I'm a little nervous for him. He is picking up on a lot, but I just wonder how he'll do with strangers, and I won't be there with him... I just hope that he is okay. Poor kiddo, I don't think he can handle much more change. Last night I think it all caught up with him and he just fell apart and started crying when I asked him to help me clean his room...
On another note, we had the worst storm ever last night. It hailed and got so loud for a while that you couldn't hear anything over it. Micheal slept through it, but poor Kyle woke up and was really scared. It took almost an hour to get him back to sleep.
Other than that, not much going on... I've reading and crocheting like crazy. I'm finally getting some free time again since Kyle is getting more independent (he just needs to start walking!). I've gotten my hands on some pretty good books though. My favorite (thus far at least) of all of them is Simply Green: Easy, Money-Saving Tips for Eco-Friendly Families by Melissa & David Seligman. The Lazy Environmentalist: Your Guide to Easy, Stylish, Green Living by Josh Dorfman is a good reference, you can find any website for organic clothing or anything at all that you need, but I feel like it's poorly written. It just has too much information on one page that you don't actually care to know. That's just two out of seven... I'm not near done reading yet. I'm about halfway through It's Easy Being Green: A Handbook for Earth-Friendly Living by Crissy Trask, I'll let you know how it is as well as the others I'm working on.
Why, you may ask, am I reading all these books on living eco-friendly? I'm trying to make a better world for my children and one day my grandchildren... That's one reason. I also just feel like it's my responsibility to do everything I can to help. By the way, Earth day is coming, plant a tree. I was talking with my classmates about how the school system has changed in the last twenty years. All I can remember about Earth day is planting trees and endangered species. I don't remember being told about our part in it or how we could actually help, I just remember selling t-shirts for endangered species and planting a tree on Earth Day. Sad, isn't it? Luckily for us, our kids are growing up with this knowledge being forced into their heads and maybe, just maybe, they will teach us all a thing or two.
Well, I need to go... Coffee is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! And the people who leave them!!! So tell me what you think...